Yadayada

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Nationalism

The last post made me think a lot about England and being English as I am technically half Cornish and my surname is of a purely nonsensical Cornish Celt origin.

According to childhood tales my grandmother knew someone who had a friend whose uncle's sister in law had a great grand mother who spoke Cornish once and they lived up Bodmin way. So fuck you - you Anglo-Saxon overlords.

I was even tempted to get the Cornish flag on BritBlog - that pitiful "me-too" flag of embryonic Celtic nationalism.

But where is King Arthur now? Dead that is where, his memory fading away like the ink on the late payment slips for his hired sword stained with blood of a hundred Saxons, made payable to the "Lady-in-the-Lake Knife and Mace rentals for every occasion."

No no- the body I mean - Wales or Cornwall? - well yeah - I don't know - who cares! Wayhay - lets get drunk - toasting pagan gods.

Hmm well.. that is the attitude that led to some sensible Dutch and German immigrants taking over the place isn't it? Lessons learnt eh? No? Hmm.... on my own with this one aren't I...

1 Comments:

  • Eat three cornish hens, drink two St. Austell's, and call me in the morning!

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home