Yadayada

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Outer Mongolia

I have a desperate desire for fans from Outer Mongolia but when it actually came to comment whoring myself on the Mongolian blogs I just couldn't do it.

It is true - I was worried I would feel some guilt for my inevitable initiation of the third big Mongol invasion of Europe but the main reason was I really couldn't think of anything to say. They seemed so very excited about George "W" Bush's visit; they were so very upset by The Lonely Planets new guide to Mongolia. I don't know anything about the state of Mongolian backpacking hostels or W's visit - what could I say?

I left the Mongol bloggers to fight their own battles and continued my lonely journey of blog validation by readership down a far darker road - to those charitable refuges for the blog needy - the blog registry sites. Surely, there, I could find some poor souls who would read my blog.

There are hundreds out there - but in the half an hour lull in the semi controlled chaos that surrounds me at work I only had time to for 2.

First up: BritBlog - a good name for a start - I love the word Brit. I am a Brit. I have a Blog. It works. I have heard some non-Brits try to use it as a term of an abuse, the silly fools.

BritBlog also do a good job filtering out the spam scum which is always welcome and there are some famous bloggers on there too. The Jonny "not as funny as he used to be” B and wow look! plasicbag.org - I haven't read his since back in the day when all this craziness started and still in the number one spot.

But more, much more than this they give you a little flag.

I went for the Union Jack.

Not because I am one of those one nation Conservatives. But then I am also in no way one of those neo English nationalists that seem to be appearing from the slow break up of the United Kingdom.... {sobs} Go on then! Leave! We don't care {England throws Scotland's clothes out of the window} and don't come back! {sob}… and we are changing the locks. We always knew you didn't love us {more sobbing} but we are keeping half the north sea oil - we found it together {England lovingly looks at a picture of an oil rig -starts sobbing again} but you can the keep royal family though {sniff} they are technically yours {sobs}.

England gets herself together and thinks - oh look - Holland. She is looking pretty hot these days and we always had far more in common.

Anyway that is not the reason I went for the Union Jack. It is because well... the English flag is shit.

It basically says - I am a psychopathic fundamentalist Christian crusader who is going to viscously knife any mother fucker that does not have the same imaginary friend as me.

And it is boring - a red cross - white background. Hardly Dali is it?

The Union Jack on the other hand - if you forget its imperial past is a jolly old thing really: colourful, decent pattern, interesting but not too much. Far better than a three colored simple boring bands every other country seems to have.

Probably one the best flags in the world with the exception of the Brazilian flag which is the best in the world. But I know which I will be waving in the final next summer.

So Brit flag for BritBlog.

Next: London Bloggers. Great idea I was going to tell you all about it but it is 1:30 and I really need some fucking sleep....

8 Comments:

  • Maybe you are right - St G's for football it is.

    Yeah the Mongolian flag is not bad at all - what is that thing on the left?

    By Blogger h, at 11:40 am  

  • Brit Blog's N.I. flag is the Red Hand of Ulster. Which is usually employed by psychotic loyalists who make Ian Paisley look like Ghandi.

    So I had to leave.

    By Blogger Spinsterella, at 2:08 pm  

  • Reminds me of that Ali G interview with George Patton.

    "So you is British ya?"
    "Yes I am"
    "So why is you here? Is you on your holidays?"

    Made me laugh anyway.

    By Blogger h, at 3:52 pm  

  • I thought it was the St. Andrew's Cross. That's how little I know.

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 9:17 pm  

  • Wait--I'm seeing two crosses--are you sure they BOTH aren't on there?

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 9:19 pm  

  • Swedetta - imagine if Denmark, Sweden and Norway were all one country for the last 200 years and they had an amalgamated flag which looked pretty damn good. It is a bit like that.

    Zen: St Andrew's is the Scottish one. If you think that is confusing don't even start thinking about the red bars in the middle of the white diagonal stripes.

    By Blogger h, at 10:23 pm  

  • (I deleted that last post because the more I talk about this the more of a Philistine it seems I am. Thanks for the info!)

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 6:07 pm  

  • No worries - I didn't realy understand it anyway

    By Blogger h, at 10:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home