Yadayada

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

So so bored

Someone once said the factory of the future will be run by one man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to make sure the man doesn’t touch anything.

Well the future is nearly here but not quite. I have stupidly volunteered to nearly be that proto man or dog today (still not sure which) and baby-sit the Frankenstein automated electronic trading system I build for a living. But today not much is going on in the markets so the artificial beast isn’t doing much.

“What was that? The monster has gone insane and started shorting gilt futures?… Oh no wait… it was just complaining that it couldn’t because the market is shut”

“Be still my silicon beauty. Tomorrow will be yours.”

Oh well… I thought I might have something to do for a bit there.

3 Comments:

  • Your job is just ever so slightly harder than mine--

    Sometimes I feel like a glorified babysitter.

    I heard one guy describe Vietnam as "90% boredom/10% fearing for your life."

    That comes to mind a lot--if Guido doesn't jump over his cubicle with a knife between his teeth, it's actually a pretty easy day...

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 5:05 pm  

  • Monsters always go insane, it's what draws us to them.

    I hope '06 is magnificent for you.

    By Blogger Latigo Flint, at 7:56 am  

  • Thanks latigo and the same to you.

    Quite, who would want a sane monster?

    By Blogger h, at 1:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home