Yadayada

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Absent Fathers

Hmm.. well my Egypt part II post is trudging along into a poetic travel epic - a bit like Geoff Dyer. It will be ok eventually but it needs to be culled - a bit like Geoff Dyer. So to fill the space until I find the time even though I promised myself I wouldn't I am going to do a cat post.

I know, I know, blogging about cats is a bit like blogging about blogging. It is easy and everyone does it - but come on you know you love them. And it won't be long I promise - and if I don't it will just linger at the back of my mind getting dusty and cat hairs all over it.

So a bit of background: Yes ladies, it is all true. I am intelligent, charming and witty; I am very cute, I have fucking fine ass and well... lets not go there again; I am moderately loaded and live in fantastic pad that it so great I should really put a basket by the door for female visitors to drop their knickers into when they come around. And don't get me started on how incredibly modest I am.

However I am, sadly, damaged goods. I now check the "separated" box on insurance forms. But actually is not so bad. We are both happier now - all is forgiven. We still get on very well - in fact in some ways better than we did before. There is no bitterness and no arguments about who got what. The actual wedding and the impending divorce are the only two things we seemed to get right.

The only real point of contention was the cats...

"You have the stinking beasts!"
"No - you have them!"
"No you!"

No I jest we both love them dearly. Cats to childless couples can end up like surrogate children - furry, stinking, stupid kids but still aww...

They have been living with my ex for the last couple of months. The boy cat F has gone a bit off the rails or keeps forgetting that he has moved house as he keeps running away. The girl cat M doesn't have this problem because she doesn't like going out much and prefers to just shout at birds from the warmth and safety behind a window rather actually go out and catch one.

My ex's is away most of Christmas so I have custody of M (as F has done one of his disappearing acts - probably to the old lady at no 52 who feeds him cream) for the duration. I was slightly worried about spending the xmas period by myself but now I don't as I have my little friend to keep me company.

And what a joy she is - she spent the first few days settling in - you know - stinking up the place up just right, getting filth all over everything, making sure there was enough cat hair on every piece of furniture. But she has settled in now and spends her time following me around expectantly, nibbling my hair in the night or sometimes, if I am lucky, sinking her claws into my feet, and generally trying to help out - for example knocking incorrectly placed ornaments to the ground, endearingly lying across my pc keyboard when I trying to type something.

Aww... I will be sad when she finally goes.

1 Comments:

  • Your cat shares comparisons with mine Grandmother. She too soils herself and knocks over ornaments when she is having a fit brought on by demonic possession. She has also damaged property, some of her own but mostly other peoples. And I too am glad to be spending christmas with the miserable wretch.

    By Blogger bloggin the Question, at 4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home