Yadayada

Sunday, November 20, 2005

London ablaze with gold.

The long dry summer followed by the cold sharp spell being experienced at the moment has induced a chemical reaction in the leaves of the trees in the parks and gardens and streets of London turning them a plethora of reds and browns and yellows which sparkle in the cool pale November sun. The views from Primrose and Parliament Hills and walks though Hyde Park this weekend were breathtaking.
This weekend I may have failed to buy a toaster but I did remember just quite how stunningly beautiful this city can be which is easily forgotten living here through the day to day grind and which is more important?

4 Comments:

  • You're making me all jealous. I spent two happy years in your fine town like every other obnoxious young Australian and their cousin Wozza. I used to love daydreaming on Primrose Hill. When I wasn't downing snakebites at the Walkabout, that is.

    By Blogger greta, at 9:38 am  

  • Heh - we get used to you all after a while but you know there *are* other parts of London other than Earls Court and Shepherd's Bush.

    By Blogger h, at 11:01 am  

  • To be honest, the only time I ever went to Shepherd's Bush was to go to concerts at the Empire. Instead I ditched most of my couch-dossing countrymen and cultivated a Norf London accent. Which probably made me infinitely more annoying than the Walkabout-goers.

    And many thanks for linking me by the way.

    By Blogger greta, at 12:52 pm  

  • No that is perfectly acceptable behaviour as it only annoys "real" Londoners. Not being originally from London I put it on sometimes.

    By Blogger h, at 1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home