Yadayada

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Prologue

The storm had been raging for weeks rampaging like a screaming drunk beast ripping up thoughts with both fists from their secured rational threads and throwing them into paces they shouldn't rightly be. What a mess. I don't know where to start. Back to the core....

All clear now - the sun is shining through a few small grey clouds that still hover: the lingering gate crashers deciding between a way home or the can of warm ash infused beer and another petty bout of vandalism. The serious leather jacketed weather just visible departing over the horizon, bitch in toe content with their carnage.

By the shore a fisherman weeps over the body of his dead wife not noticing the few fragments of his boat and house that lie around him or me staring scared and scarred. Slow waves caressing occasionally shifting debris back and forth across the shore but never going anywhere.

So where now? I am still here. I think about helping the fisherman - he turns and we chance each others eye and hold it for a second. We both know there is nothing I can do.

So I turn my back and start walking away. Away from here. Anywhere but here. Anyone but her.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home