Yadayada

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh no

Sat in my local pub with my old friend C, after a reasonable game between Spain and France, ZZ getting a bit of magic back in his aging legs, the conversation turned to cats.

“My cat might be coming to stay with me for a bit. Custody for the summer holidays.”
“Hmm…” C said not really looking interested.

Then added “What, not that little black kitten that used to climb up the wall to the ceiling and then hurl itself at my groin at high velocity with its claws out at 7 in the morning when I used to stay around your house after clubbing.”

“That’s the one”

“Wow”

“It is a bit bigger now”

“Right - tiny little thing it was – sharp claws.”

“Yeah – that was 7 years ago”

“7 years! Time eh? It just passes doesn’t it?” C said philosophically.

“Yeah pretty much.”

“No one goes out as much as they used to, do they?”

“Well no, getting older aren’t we”

“We should organise a club night!”

I glance at C over the rim of my pint glass to see if he is serious, there is a glint in his eye, I have it seen before.

~ hen’s eyes go misty – the present wavily fades away to 1999 ~

“Hmm… ok but you know… kids these days – they probably listen to post ketamine punk hop or something.”

“Only one way to find out.”

Oh dear.

6 Comments:

  • Sounds like a damn fine idea, just what the doctor ordered, or was it the vet, cant remember now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 pm  

  • PS I only posted that ironically to show that I do read your diary every now and then. :)
    C

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 pm  

  • The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 pm  

  • "We're nympholeptics, desiring the unobtainable. We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment. So many ideas, so little memory. The last thought killed by anticipation of the next. We feel an oberwhelming feeling of love; we flow in unison."

    By Blogger h, at 3:49 pm  

  • Two straight men were sitting in a bar drinking, and discussing...cats....

    In other news, Attila the Hun should be arriving in town about 3:00 tomorrow.

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 11:24 pm  

  • Yep cats and long lost drug experiences - see what happens when England loses at football? A sorry state of affairs - it really is.

    By Blogger h, at 11:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home