Yadayada

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I've gone metrosexual on your sorry asses.

I have started a long and painful campaign to beautify myself because I am a vain vain man.

It was kind of a new year's resolution but trying to do anything in the winter is pointless because I really can't be bothered. But spring is around the corner and life is good.

The best way to get any big project underway is to start with the small easy stuff that will get it going.

So what better way to start than with an expensive haircut at Tony and Guys? Oh my - that place was good. I didn't know they have special chairs that massage your back as they wash your hair.

And who better to cut your hair than an Italian, black silk shirted and clearly homosexual man called Fabio?

After I explained what I wanted, he said with one hand on his hip and the other stoking his chin thoughtfully looking at me through the mirror.

"I nota understand whata you say."

He then put is hands on my shoulders leaned a little closer, dropped his voice slightly, gave me a smouldering look and said

"But I make you looka fabulous!"
"Hm.. OK" I said

And you know what? He did.

He also sold me some expensive hair paste.

"It is better when you are in the bed." He said a wiggling an eyebrow at me "It makea you less sticky!"
"Great!" I said looking at the label.

Spurned on and encouraged by my new fabulous haircut, checking it out at every opportunity, I decided a trip to Boots was in order.

Slightly overwhelmed the range of beauty products for men there are these days, I picked out a whole load of crap at random and put it in my basket.

When I got home the only thing I could work out what it was for or how to use was some expensive moisturiser which proudly boasted a pro-active re-energizing ingredient.
I put some on this morning but so far I can't say that I look or feel any more pro-active or re-energized than usual but it is early days yet.

Next up - teeth.

11 Comments:

  • Hmmm... interesting...

    For a woman I am decidely un-vain. I don't think I have ever taken more than 30 minutes to get ready, and that includes my shower and teeth-brushing.

    Maybe it is just sheer laziness... takes too much damn effort to get all prettied up, I say. :o)

    By Blogger Me:The Sequel, at 6:37 pm  

  • Well my horoscope said a special someone might be traveling a very long distance to come and see me so I thought I better start making an effort.

    By Blogger h, at 7:23 pm  

  • Never put paste in your hair. Put cream in your hair, or mousse, but, please no, not paste. Fish paste, wallpaper paste. I rest my case.

    By Blogger Wyndham, at 12:52 pm  

  • all well and good but stop RIGHT HERE before you get even mildly tempted to pluck your eyebrows

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 5:11 pm  

  • Remembering boyfriend #10 who could not carry on a conversation if there was a mirror in the room as his own fair self was too distracting; and then #12 who was a brilliant poet but neither showered nor brushed his teeth on a regular basis...

    A man who's put together and has clean pores and a stylin haircut. Sounds good. But be careful: hair product is addictive.

    By Blogger Hope E. Ewing, at 2:28 am  

  • Your teeth sprout hair too?!!! (Thank goodness I'm not the only one.)

    By Blogger Latigo Flint, at 10:35 am  

  • No no wyndham it is the latest thing. Although it is a bit confusing - like this morning when I put the paste on my face and the moisturizer in my hair and had to start all over again.

    GSE - I quite happy with my eyebrows and there are no hairs on my back or arse crack so I safe from a good plucking for the time being.

    stella yep it is a fine line. #12! Blimey, I feel a bit inadequate with my lowly 8 now!

    Hehe Lagito, no sorry you *are* alone on that one.

    By Blogger h, at 2:47 pm  

  • Rrr, can I retract that comment and add "who's counting"? A girl of short attention span often has better stories than relationships. Plucking the arse-crack? eek!

    By Blogger Hope E. Ewing, at 4:08 am  

  • No no - it stays.

    Actually if you don't count the teenage, holding hands in the park for 2 weeks it is only 6.

    Oooh there is a blog idea..."Great loves of my Life". Hmm... but as I know at least 3 of them read this blog I probably shouldn't. It is sometimes easy to forget these things are public. Although... I could though - maybe the first 2 then stop there. Shall I?

    By Blogger h, at 11:43 am  

  • delighted to hear about your arsecrack.

    Should age render you less smooth, then the thing to ask for down the beauty parlour is a 'back, sac 'n' crack'

    Just so you know

    By Blogger GreatSheElephant, at 5:09 pm  

  • Suggestion--

    After the teeth, a spray-on tanning salon.

    By Blogger Zen Wizard, at 6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home